Opened in 1943 during the Second World War, RAF Lashenden became a prototype for the temporary Advanced Landing Ground airfields that were built in France after D-Day, when the need for advanced landing fields became urgent as the Allied forces moved east across France and Germany. RAF Lashenden was used by the British Royal Air Force, Royal Canadian Air Force and United States Army Air Forces before closing in September 1945.
After the war, the airfield reverted to farmland until, with the resurgence of interest in civil aviation in the 1950s, the current private grass airfield was opened.
A recent new hanger has been installed giving much more needed space and better facilities. The airfield is a very popular location for LAA members and type aeroplanes, as well being used for sky diving and is the H.Q. for the well known Tiger Club.
Tel: 01622 890 226