The inaugural scheduled flight to the Isles of Scilly was on 15 September 1937 when a Channel Air Ferries, eight–seater Dragon biplane left the airfield for the golf course on St Mary's. It was another two years before the St Mary's Airport opened. The fares were 20 shillings single, 35 return.
On 9 April 2013 a new £1m passenger terminal was officially opened. Work had begun in July 2012 and included new baggage handling and arrivals facilities and a new Air Traffic Control tower. A new hard runway is also being added for opening in Spring 2014.
Please PPR by phone. AVGAS and JET A1 are here, as well as full restaurant with facilities. Radio is 120.250
Tel: 01736 788 771