Netherthorpe Airfield
Netherthorpe Airfield

 

Netherthorpe aerodrome opened in 1933, in 1935 the Sheffield Aero Club (SAC) was established utilising the de Havilland DH.60 Moth. In 1940 No. 613 Squadron RAF operated the Westland Lysander, throughout the remaining war years the airfield was used as a practice bombing ground. From 1945 until 1951 No. 24 Glider School RAF operated the Cadet TX1, 2 and 3. In 1951 the RAF relinquished controlled of the airfield and in 1961 SAC reformed.

Netherthorpe is operated by Sheffield Aero Club Limited.
Visitors are very welcome where full catering facilities are available.


THE LATEST ONLINE NATS AIS UKAIP ENTRY MUST BE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND ACTED ON PRIOR TO VISITING NETHERTHORPE.

 

Contacts :
Tel : 01909 475233
Website :  www.sheffieldaeroclub.net