BRASSERIE AND COFFEE HOUSE NOW OPEN! PILOT'S HUB, REDHILL AERODROME
With a choice of places to eat, The Pilot Hub and Propeller Café, offer a good choice and reason to visit this aerodrome. Call in either for a social visit, meeting, or if you are on the way to France, Redhill offers AVGAS and Jet A1. Please PPR. Grass runways in both East-West and North-South directions. Beware of helicopter operations and downdrafts. Stay clear of the local hospital and South Nutfield. ATIS 125.300 and the Tower is 119.600 High Vis jacket on manoeuvring area please. PPR needed.
An Elementary Flying Training School was formed at Redhill in July 1937. Training continued at the start of the Second World War using the Miles Magister. The Fairey Battle was also flown particularly for use with the Polish Grading and Testing Flight.
In August 1942 the airfield had five squadrons based. By the end of 1943 the fighter squadrons had moved on and the airfield was used by support units until the end of the war.
The airfield returned to civilian use in 1947 but was suspended in 1954. In 1959 flying resumed at Redhill when the Tiger Club moved in. The following year Bristow Helicopters started to use Redhill as an operating base and carry out helicopter maintenance for the next 40 years.
The airfield is still operated for private flying and training, with an emphasis on helicopter operators.
Tel: 01737 821 802